Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy may assist with a range of conditions:
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy (HBOT) is popular in sports preparation, recovery and overall wellness. It may assist with some neurological conditions and cognitive improvement. It is safe and side effects are very rare.
Potential benefits of Hyperbaric
• Improve strength, energy and endurance
• Relieve tension, stress and muscle stiffness
• Improve concentration and memory
• Strengthen the heart and lungs
• Detoxify the blood
• Promote healing and slow ageing
• Provide relief from headaches and migraines
• Improve metabolism and digestion
• Improve sleeping patterns and reduce fatigue
*Individual results will vary and no immediate or permanent results can be guaranteed.
Mild HBOT for sports recovery
HBOT is an excellent aid in sports preparation and recuperation. It may help speed up recovery from sports injuries, provide faster recuperation from workouts, increase energy and mental clarity as well as general health, leading to improved performance.
HBOT acts in 2 ways... the increased pressure inside the chamber decreases swelling at the same time increasing the blood flow to restricted areas. The higher concentration of oxygen in the bloodstream allows the rate of healing and repair to occur much faster.
Although fairly newly recognised in Australia, HBOT has become a widely popular performance enhancing strategy among professional athletes overseas and amongst professional Australian athletes, particularly in the AFL, rugby and cricket teams.